Banana Flan

It has been a long weekend. So many chores to do until I stumbled upon a plastic bag containing bits and pieces of papers with recipes scribbled on it. I cannot remember where I copied this. Well, this is just one of them... one of my favorite dessert recipe. I did this last Christmas and my kiddos love it. This is the banana version of mango float. Mango is a seasonal fruit while bananas are always available in the market (in tropical countries like the Philippines) and much cheaper than mangoes. Well here it is........The Banana Flan! Tsong! (photo coming up)

1 tbsp butter
32 pcs butter cookies or Graham crackers (you can actually use slice bread, other types of crackers or cookies)
2 tbsp unflavored gelatin, softened in
1/2 cup water
1-1/4 cups condensed milk
2 cups water
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 banana lacatan, sliced thinly diagonnaly

Grease 9"x9" ovenproof dish with butter. Lay half of the butter cookies or graham crackers at the bottom of the pan. Set aside. In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin with milk, water and eggs. Put over medium heat,stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add vanilla extract. Pour half flan mixture over cookies. Let cool till half set. Layer up the bananas on top of the cookies of graham crackers. Press them lightly onto the flan. Chill and serve. Mmmmmwah!

2 comments:

  1. Bananas and Graham crackers? sounds like a winning combination.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whhoooah i love it

    ReplyDelete