Tocino (pork or beef)

Here is a Nora Daza recipe I found in my mother's notebok which I want to share. One thing's sure this is delicious. Nora Daza is famous for her food recipes. I remember when I was little she had a regular cooking demo on TV that my mother watched with intensity (ha-ha!). Yeah, my mother was really hooked on Nora Daza's TV show. Going back to pork or beef tocino, here it is...

from wikipedia.org
1 kilo sirloin (pork or beef)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugr
1 tsp salt peter (salitre)
2 tbsp coarse salt
2 tsp msg (optional)

Slice beef or pork (with some fat) thinly to desired size. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients and allow meat to marinate for at least 2 hours before cooking or refrigerate for future use.

Tocino is a popular breakfast recipe along with fried egg. It is a sweetened cured pork or beef or chicken meat dish. A native delicacy that is similar to the cured hams, commonly reddish in color and tastes sweet. It's name came from the Spanish word, tocino, which is used to describe cured meat.

1 comment: